City of Oakland: 457 and 401(a) Retirement Plans

457 Plan — Roth Contributions

The City of Oakland 457 Deferred Compensation Plan offers you the option of making Roth (after-tax) contributions to your retirement savings. When you make Roth contributions, you pay taxes on those contributions now so you don't have to when you retire. It's one less thing to worry about in the future!

To begin or change your contributions to your City of Oakland 457 Deferred Compensation Plan, please contact your employer. You can use this form to change the amount you contribute to your 457 plan. (Note: You should use this form only if you have previously established an account with the 457 plan):

457 Deferred Compensation Plan Contribution Change Form

Learn more about IRS annual limits for contributions to your 457 plan.

Roth Resources