Join the 457 Plan
Your City of Orlando 457 Deferred Compensation Plan can help you reach your financial goals. Start saving today.
Step 1: Our online application is fast, easy, and secure.
Step 2: Start your payroll contributions. Contact Melissa Upham, Deferred Compensation & Pension Specialist, at 407-246-2832 or firstname.lastname@example.org; OR visit Workday to begin making contributions.
Get rewarded. Start benefiting from your plan.
- Retirement income supplemental to your pension and social security
- Choice of how your savings is invested (with guidance if needed)
- Save automatically from each paycheck
- Online account management
- Tax-deferred compounding of interest — save on taxes now
- Friendly, knowledgeable representatives who provide free assistance and guidance
Learn the ABC's of your plan.
Watch our two-minute video, read the plan highlights, explore our educational tools, or meet with your local plan representatives.
Don't delay. Waiting can cost you.
The sooner you start saving, the more time you have to contribute and build earnings on your savings. Contributions and earnings can really add up over time. For example, if you contribute $50 per paycheck from age 25 until age 65, your balance is likely to be much higher than if you started saving at age 55. When you start later, you need to save even more, just to catch-up. Our Cost of Delay calculator will show you how much more you'd need to save, or how much less your account might be worth, if you delay enrolling.
Once enrolled, you can:
- Learn more about how your 457 plan works.
- Manage your account online.
- Get online investment advice.
- Discuss your retirement goals with your local plan specialists.